Sunday 19 May 2013

Sisters ARE doing it for themselves.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/may/18/older-women-tv-anna-ford

This article beautifully highlights the lack of representation of women in the workplace, mostly in broadcasting, and in particular ladies over a certain age. And it is true, they just drop of our screens, or get so much plastic surgery you never know how old they are or if they are, in fact, human. 

All I have to say on the matter is that my grandmothers have been two of THE MOST influential women in my life, with so much wisdom to impart, graceful and poised I wouldn't change them for the world. They have aged naturally and I wouldn't have it any other way. Do not underestimate women that have experienced so much change, they know so much we don't. 



No comments:

Post a Comment