Sunday 19 May 2013

Loving the Dolce and Gabanna ads at the moment.

Firstly, I love the whole 'big Italian family' thing they have going on. I LOVE, I repeat love (Dorothy can vouch for me here) clashing patterns and I love the bohemian summer vibe. I love it all. The male ones and the female ones, I CAN'T EXPLAIN, I just want that summer, I want that life and I want those clothes. Advertising at it's best really. 

http://www.dolcegabbana.com/dg/woman/advertising-campaign-gallery

http://www.dolcegabbana.com/dg/man/advertising-campaign-gallery/

My top five ads - 

  • What mostly got me with this is the Glamorous granny, also I love the various lengths of hemline, pattern, headscarves and earrings (very Romany gypsy, Esmerelda eat your heart out).I also desperately want the patterned kaftan thing. I really like the little two piece bralet skirt outfits.  So much I could say. 


  • I like how casual this is, and I like seeing men in pattern. I just think this photographer has really stepped up his game, it's a community that tells a story and they look comfortable and happy. The whole thing just exudes joy and that is so rare in fashion nowadays.


  • Okay so here I mostly liked the boat, but look at the patterns, the colours it is SO rich, I really really want to get this look. For once I feel like it is an attainable trend, looking that chic may be harder but I've been pattern clashing for years, pulling it off is harder ...


  • I like this one because it is almost like mourning, I like the change of tone, it's early evening in my mind. Here the patterns might not be as violent, but the textures are clashing and it makes my fashion lust just grow. Obviously the sheer dress in the bottom right steals the show, it speaks for itself, beautiful. 


  • Here the set up makes me happy, she's just mucking about with her giant earrings on and her straw bag flapping around. This is another one of those bralet skirt two pieces I like so much, not to mention the Riviera pattern and the sun-kissed skin really does just make it that little bit prettier. Oh Italians, well done.



Also just discovered the Children's line ad campaign, words don't describe how cute the children are, if I ever have children and live in a fabulous place I will attempt to dress them in that manner. 
When I saw the 'Caribbean esque' prints in Dolce and Gabbanas' collection this year I hunte online fabric shop for similar. Coming soon I will be recreating these great  looks, including that Giles dress    
A dress I'm going to recreate
I cant remember who this designer is, but 3d embellished flowers were a big thing in the shows, so I going to re-create this too, at less than £20!
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    nnnnnnhttp://www.dolcegabbana.com/dg/child/advertising-campaign-gallery/

No comments:

Post a Comment