Thursday 30 May 2013

'Dos' and 'Don'ts' of Revising

  • Don't blog should probably be my first point buuuuuut here we are. So, DON'T follow my example. 
  • DO get snacks and beverages. My preferred choices are - 
yuuuuuuuuum...and refreshing
calming 


  •  DO take breaks but DON'T start projects my most recent ones being: learning French, making holiday lists and sourcing items (eg. SHOPPING ONLINE - to be avoided like the plague) and any sort of bodily improvements - nail painting, waxing, face-masks etc. 
  • DO have some background noise, a bit of music may distract at first but after a while it helps you gage how much time you have spent on one thing or just breaks the monotony of silence. Disney playlist and Fleetwood Mac make me want to live again. 


  • DON'T get bogged down, have a little dance break if a song you love comes on OR just close your eyes and think of your aim, eg. 'OMG I really want loads of money and a big house and a fast car and a big wardrobe so I need good grades yah.' Okay maybe not that but still thinking of where you want to be, can help. I prefer a dance break. 


  • DO make a list and stick to it, I find schedules just get fucked off but lists you can eventually get through, but DON'T make your list impossible or you will just discourage yourself. I mean come on three hundred and one items just signals immanent disaster and assuming the foetal position to cry.  
  • Did I mention DON'T BLOG, I just lost a good twenty minutes to this. DON'T BLOG. Well do because it is fun...
  • I'm going to add: Do NOT START WATCHING A NEW TV SHOW (GAME OF THRONES)
  • DO NOT START WATCH CONSPIRACY THEORIES ON YOUTUBE EITHER.
Feel free to take my wise wise words into account or simply to ignore them entirely, because your future is not my future. I'm trying to not screw mine up, sort of... 

Best revision soundtracks
FOUR HOURS OF DISNEY



Daphne and Dorothy.







No comments:

Post a Comment