Monday 11 March 2013

Saint Laurent, Paris Fashion Week: A Bit 'Hipster' Unfortunatly

Sorr, I'm really upset about the Being Human ending, so I'm being a bit of a bitch. I've been really busy, so this is a bit late time wise, as the Saint Laurent show was over a week ago, but hey. I think the time it took me shows how uninspired I was.
A new direction from Saint Laurent, which is freshly headed by HEDI SLIMANE, who I understand to be a bit of a free spirit. However, it may be a bit tying too hard to be 'effortless/cool', you know what I mean, a bit, dare I say it ... hipster. Sorry, not impressed, you could find much of it in All Saints, not that I have a problem particularly with All Saints, I just think that when I watch fashion shows I want to be wowed, and think 'how..why..how' not 'I saw that on ASOS I think'. I want to see impossibly beautiful  complex and original designs. Not the high street with sequins. Apparently other fashion journos have called it 'bad topshop'. Agreed, something extraordinary is required on the catwalk, if you can't do it there where can you?

Regards,
Dorothy





This has all been 'done' SO MANY TIMES. Get some originality and but 'Yves' back in the title, it sounds so much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment