Friday 1 February 2013

Arse-holes that don't understand money is a thing.


Basically, Dorothy and I are 'the poor friends' in our group. We are not, by anyone's standards, living in abject poverty. What I mean is I holiday once a year if I'm lucky (not twice and I have never been on a cruise), I don't have a horse, my own car, a second home, any significant amount of land, a private school education or a 'family BMW'. I have a part time job and study and I am just fine with that. My parents wouldn't dream of buying me a car, even if we did have the means because they have brought me up to manage my own money. That's why I got a job. My job is important to me, I have close friends there and I earn a wage that I am putting towards something potentially excellent, so all funds go straight in the bank.

So you can imagine my horror when I book off my longest and most lucrative shift for a friends birthday just so that she can be intimidated into rescheduling her night out because of (wait for it) snow/rain/wind and general coldness. I have so many issues with this I don't know where to begin. Well firstly, the weather is totally irrelevant we are indoors and it doesn't prevent many people from going out because we live in Britain, home of crap weather. Iv seen girls in tiny dresses without tights when it is minus two and blowing a gale. We are mental. Fact. All of us except my friends clearly. One of the more vocal members of the group piped up saying that it would be dead because she had gotten no 'events' through on Facebook. No no, the clubs still open don't you worry your pretty little head about that.

They basically all acted like it wasn't previous friends birthday and fell into line with what this ring-leader said like a pack of sad, lost and over indulgent sheep. My main concern, however, is that I lost a very important wage over this. I asked 'are these dates specific' (because I never book time off) and it was a resounding yes from all. So there I was, sat in the pub nursing a pint of Guinness with two other friends (having a wonderful time admittedly but that is beside the point) thinking what absolute arse-holes. Daddy isn't going to reimburse me for this little misdemeanour. No one is, unless I get myself in gear and take on extra shifts that I frankly don't have the time for. MY LIFE IS NOT FLEXIBLE, I can't drop plans at the drop of a hat or just lose some money and go 'oh well, whatever'.

Also, the fact that they all seemed to think that their opinions were way more important than the fact that it was someone's birthday was frankly disgusting. Yes, your little social circle may seem to revolve around you but there are other people in it, shocking I know. No you don't get a vote on plans, is it your birthday? No. Thought not. The effort her parents went to to plan it, tidy the house, buy in food for accommodating us all pre-night out was totally wasted. And thus far, no one has said sorry or shown any inkling of remorse. That children, is the most annoying part of this whole bitchy little rant. And they all lived pissed off ever after, the end.

Daphne

Can I just add that the reason that they all want to go out now is a lot to do with the apprance of the apparently 'cray' Geordie Shore cast. Totes gonna make my life (!)

Dorothy


No comments:

Post a Comment