Thursday 31 January 2013

Five Songs Five Summers

I am a summer girl, always have been and most likely always will be. I cannot handle any other season. Nothing compares to a good summer and I have had some excellent summers. There are five songs that for me hold pretty incredible memories, that I've tried to explain for you dear readers, but they may just be sentimental waffle to you - in that case, at least enjoy my eclectic musical choices for a bit of winter sun!

2012 Sean Paul - Temperature



First girls' holiday with no parental control, being bizarrely good at scoring free shots (tequila anybody), dancing like SLUTS yeah that's right what have you got to say about that political correctness and just a genuinely excellent time with some rather great people.

2011 Don Omar - Danza Kuduro



The summer I fell in love with a chef on holiday in Mallorca, I was with my family and my friend's family, me and my friend cut loose on the evenings and he would come meet me after his shift. We would dance, flirt and go for moonlit walks on the beach (can I get an awww please?).

2010 Toploader- Dancing in The Moonlight



Imagine being on the tiniest, remotest, Scottish, slate-quarrying Island known to man. With your family and a mental dog. Welcome to hell and hilarity. I drowned my sorrows in Iron Bru and sung this tune at the top of my lungs as we hiked up hills and got attacked by rain, wind and occasional bouts of sunshine.

2009 Justin Timberlake - Senorita



We were staying with friends that live in Spain. A sleepy mountainside village, where I learned so much Spanish, mixed some Tinto Verano and played cards with old men. This was a daily siesta accompaniment as I drifted off dreaming that the Spanish boys in the village wanted me to be their Senorita...

2008 Texas -Inner Smile



Two families rented out what seemed to be a miniature castle in rural France, the adults drank a lot of wine, we (the youngsters) watched a lot of The Simpsons/Red Dwarf and ate tonnes of chocolate. My brother developed an obsession with crème brulee. Every time we got in the car I insisted we play this song.

Go on have a little sing-along...
Daphne


No comments:

Post a Comment