Sunday 10 November 2013

Test To See How 'Northern' You Are.



Awwwh, the North/South Divide of Britain is something, cherished and cultivated for generations, passed on from prejudiced and proud families generation to generation. Fanned by the flames of the Daily Mail and Margaret Thatcher, it is a very real part of British Culture. I am from the north, and all though I am currently residing in Rome, Italy, the rolling hills of Yorkshire still are deeply in my heart. I've gone further north to the wilds of Scotland and resent when Scottish people refer to me as from 'down south'. No.  I miss chips and gravy, even though the gelatos are IMMENSELY DELICIOUS. Still haven't tried a deep fried Mars bar... The joy I felt when I met someone in Rome from Wakefield (a place near my hometown) was like realising that in Aladdin the "Beast" from Beauty and the Beast and Pinocchio are among the toys in the Sultan's toy chest and in the scene where Aladdin asks the genie to make him a prince, the genie pulls Sebastian, the crab from The Little Mermaid, out of a cookbook. Anyway, I diverge. 

So I was feeling nostalgic due to this article where Yorkshire  has been named the third best holiday destination in the world. Yeah! Of course it is, we have Brontë territory for cripes sake, the moors ! 

Anyway, if you want to test your own 'Northerness' as I did, apparently I'm 60%, and from near Doncaster which isn't far off, follow this link http://toys.usvsth3m.com/north-o-meter/ I think I went a bit too far, got a good old 90 %.... Scotland may have changed me.

Yorkshire also invented Twerking.
Yorkshire folk go t'work five days a week.

B'dum dum tch...



No comments:

Post a Comment