Friday 7 June 2013

Reasons Why I Love Sunshine and Fear Sunburn.

It's nothing to do with cancer I just think it is really embarrassing when you get sun-burnt. Right? It is like wearing your Britishness on your sleeve and I'm really not okay with that, but I don't know why. I mean, why am I ashamed that I am pale, and I will therefore burn, I have no idea. I'm not one of those insolent humans that will lay out for hours in the sun in the vain attempt of getting a tan because it leads to said sunburn. I mean I guess cancer is a teeny tiny worry but EVERYTHING GIVES YOU CANCER, says The Daily Mail.

Also I hate the alternating you have to do if you feel one side burning, the uncomfortable rolling and all that. I just wanted to enjoy the sun and get a bit day drunk. Is that too much to ask. But I guess it must be because now I have a burnt shoulder and ice lolly juice dribbled all down my leg and getting sticky. Then that attracts the wasp that puts the fear of God into me.

Are you drunk?.... I think you are. I agree, apart from the Cancer thing which is obviously a factor I am also scared of peeling because of aesthetic reasons. I run in straight away to put on after sun so that I don't get burned and instead get a 'golden tan'. I feel so vain, but pink is so not my hue. Plus I hate having to lather myself in sudocrem and lay in a naked starfish in a dark room for the rest of the afternoon.

DO NOT TOUCH MY SUNBURN. 



No comments:

Post a Comment