Tuesday 30 April 2013

With Dreams Come Responsibility


I've always wanted to write. It is something I feel passionate about doing and never losing, so when I have those moments when I talk about my dreams to people that I think are supportive friends and all they can do is talk about themselves and how they are achieving their dreams just makes me think am I just jealous or are they not being supportive? I can't help think that I just need to be less defensive or worry less that everything means something, sometimes they probably think we are just sharing dreams and it isn't me having a semi-mental breakdown. 

Thing about my dreams is that they are really vague. Just anything involving writing would have me grinning from ear to ear, or just being happy. Is that sad? My dream is to be happy? Oh God, vomit. But the point I'm making are dreams are a scary thing they aren't something shared likely, they aren't pokemon cards and you can't trade one dream for another when it suits you. And there are those secret ambitions that you don't even want to share, you don't want anyone to know because they are just unrealistic. The ambition you share is realistic ambition, something that you can't get mocked for wanting. Dorothy and I have a friend who once told us she just knew she was going to be famous, that she was just meant to be famous and we laughed but we shouldn't have. Then again I don't think being 'famous' should be an ambition in itself... 


I'm going to contribute with a cheeky Yeats quote: 'With dreams come responsibility'. Think this really rings true. Personally, I'm scared to commit myself to a actual dream, because I don't want to disappoint myself, or feel that I've failed. I used to be a competitive athlete, yet I quit because I wasn't winning, I'm one of  those people that don't do anything unless they think that they're going to win, and this is a really poor quality. At the same time, I feel like at the moment I don't have an actual 'passion'.  What I really enjoy is researching, writing, and debating and finding out interesting thing; absolutely anything.  I also enjoy fashion, but I'm scared that all the job markets that I want to go into are completely saturated. But that's an incredibly shallow 'passion' I think sometimes, I think maybe I should find a nobler cause really. I want to feel secure in my dreams. I've got friends who want to be script writers, doctors, actors, and stone masons, so why do I doubt myself in EVERYTHING I do. Today I started crying in college, and it was because I have absolutely no faith in myself, and no control over my life. I feel like a surfer whose fallen off my surf board and the waves and tide is swallowing me, and because I don't have a 'goal' I don't have anything worth hanging on too.Surely life is more than getting A's? O.k, this getting a bit dark now... I'll cheer my self up with this gif of Dean Winchester. Maybe I should become a Hunter (I like watching T.V too)
eye of the tiger dean 5
EYE OF THE TIGER!



No comments:

Post a Comment