Tuesday 19 March 2013

Girls SEASON FINALE sobsobsob

Who would have thought it, Adam a knight in shining armour? I can finally say I am satisfied, I am satisfied and amused by the latest episode of Girls, not everything is resolved in a neat little bow (I would expect nothing less from girls, perfect happy endings is not their style) but I got what I wanted from it.

Marnie and Hannah still need that re-bonding properly but the beginnings of it began to show, so many loose ends but I am just thinking how much I am going to miss Girls now. I feel like I am losing the gang. I don't care if their romances aren't perfect, their jobs are messy and frankly they are all totally pants at maintaining things but frankly it is real. 

It has been criticised for using the New York setting as many shiny American sitcoms have in the past and totally romanticising and idealising it but I feel like Girls is pretty real. Sure they all attempt to have 'cool' careers and aren't just worker drones, but that is because they are a quirky cast of characters and that is what the audience want. Plus the struggles they are having with their 'cool' careers, like not getting them at all is pretty real. Marnie is just floundering entirely and then Charlie is an over night success. I think it is a pretty accurate representation really of our generation where an app, something people put on their phones, can make you rich. We change at a rate of knots and Girls understands that. 

Talking about careers, Ray trying to impress Shoshanna with a better job and totally missing the real issue in their relationship was so uncomfortable. Shoshanna never ever fails to be entirely brilliant, 'YOU HATE EVERYTHING' and 'I CAN'T BE THE ONLY THING YOU LIKE' were just excellent at summarising Ray, if I am honest I am glad it has come to a head because he is draining her and her 'social butterfly ness'. Shoshanna is sunshine. (Sidebar I MISS JESSA but whatever maybe it is just because in my head I am Jessa, when I am totally not).

Oh and Hannah with her downstairs neighbour, did anyone else laugh out loud when she said she might look 'scary thin' and he just shot her down. I laughed. Oh Hannah... poor Hannah. The haircut, actually I will leave the hair cut alone, she has taken enough crap lately. 

I am still loving the chilled look on Marnie, 


And here is that haircut I promised not to mention - 


Well all I can say is I am going to miss this for a while, first original thing I have seen in terms of American comedy in a long while.

Daphne



No comments:

Post a Comment