Tuesday 26 February 2013

I love HBO's Girls. But I wanted more from the latest episode



I am a huge Girls fan and felt the need to do another Girls post, this time about the completely bizarro and underwhelming latest episode. Okay, so I do love the Jessa - Hannah friendship growing and changing and it is interesting to see some of Jessa's background, but I am getting a bit sick of the lack of movement. I want some follow up on the story lines yet this is the second time this series where I feel like an episode has just been a bit static and out of context.

I guess it made a valid point about life and family relationships affecting our own relationships and all of that sort of stuff. But something about it just didn't sit right with me.

Don't get me wrong Lena Dunham is doing her job excellently, I just think that the series are too short as they are and therefore can't afford to let the plot stall for the sake of a bit of a romp at someone's parents house/with a guy who's bins Hannah used a few times. There were some truly hilarious moments (Hannah's reaction to eating the rabbit and being told it is all they eat was brilliant) but all I want is MORE. I miss Shosh and Marnie and the whole gang being together, Hell I even miss Adam and Marnie's wimpy ex. I want to see more weird outfits, stupid parties and Marnie and Hannah fixing some shit. 

Side-bar- Jessa's wardrobe is as beautiful as ever. The stylist on this program is superb (the dorky teen wearing the 'turtle neck' was hilarious in its own right)! 



Daphne

No comments:

Post a Comment